Launched in 2001 and held annually until 2004, Red Bull Rampage brought the creative, unrestricted ethos of freeride mountain biking to the contest arena while staying true to the sport's core ideals. Poised on a sandstone ridge in the brutal landscape near Virgin, Utah, in the USA, riders were free to choose whatever line they dared between an established start gate and the finish line 1,500ft (500m) below. Exactly what happened between those two points has become legendary.
In 2008, Red Bull Rampage: The Evolution returned to Utah, mixing the challenges of the natural terrain with handbuilt features, paying homage to the popularity of the slopestyle scene that emerged in the years since Rampage began. The winner of the event was the 17-year-old Brandon Semenuk, who was still a small boy when the first Rampage took place.
In 2010, there will be new features, new riders, a new format, and another chance for the next generation of mountain bikers to prove their ability on the world's best terrain.
Click to download the event schedule.
Location: Virgin, Utah
- 35 miles (56km) east of St. George, Utah
- 2.5 hours from Las Vegas, Nevada
Parking: Corner of Hwy 9 and Camino Del Rio just east of the town of Virgin, UT.
Lodging: Primitive camping will be available at the entrance to the Rampage event, near the spectator parking lot.
- Camping is first come, first served
- Will include basic services such as limited water from a trailer, port-o-potties and basic shade tents
Additional camping will also be available at the old Rampage site.
- On the Kolob Reservoir Road and along Route 9 towards Springdale.
- Available in Springdale (20 miles (32km) away), Hurricane (10 miles (16km) away), St. George (35 miles (56km) away) and LaVerkin.
- List of lodging options
Food & Water Availability at Event: There will be limited water available at the event site and spectators must have their own bottle.
- Please plan to pack your own food and water.
- Sol Food from Springdale will provide concessions Friday-Sunday, with sandwiches, snacks and cold beverages available for purchase.
Where can spectators ride nearby?
Incredible/endless riding in the area, including:
- Gooseberry Mesa, Hurricane Mesa, Flying Monkey and the Jem Trail
- Spectators may also contact "Over the Edge Sports" in Hurricane for more information