British fans toasted two homegrown winners at the opening round of the 2013 UCI BMX Supercross World Cup in Manchester with Shanaze Reade and Liam Phillips taking the Women’s and Men’s elite titles respectively.
Red Bull athlete Shanaze remained unbeaten on the Manchester track throughout Saturday evening, producing a flawless performance in the final itself where she led from start to finish.
"I just thought about completing each part of the track as close to ten-out-of-ten as possible, then I believed the result would take care of itself," Shanaze commented at the end of the women’s final.
Home track knowledge also proved to be an advantage for Liam Philips as he took his first ever World Cup win. Behind him Red Bull-backed rider Joris Daudet finished 7th.
We will have all highlights from Manchester exclusively on redbull.com/bike in the next couple of days, so check back to watch.
UCI BMX Supercross Manchester – Men’s results
1. Liam Phillips (GBR) 29.037
2. Tory Nyhaug (CAN) 29.363
3. Sam Willoughby (AUS) 29.739
4. Sylvain Andre (FRA) 29.880
5. Conner Fields (USA) 30.221
6. Renato Rezende (BRA) 30.668
7. Joris Daudet (FRA) 31.252
8. Anthony Dean (AUS) 31.325
UCI BMX Supercross Manchester – Women’s results
1. Shanaze Reade (GBR) 32.094
2. Brooke Crain (USA) 32.935
3. Merle van Benthem (NED) 33.675
4. Alise Post (USA) 33.724
5. Lauren Reynolds (AUS) 34.124
6. Arielle Martin (USA) 34.808
7. Manon Valentino (FRA) 35.090
8. Aneta Hladikova (CZE) 37.692