Mariana Pajon’s second victory of the UCI Supercross World Cup season at the final round in Chula Vista has confirmed her as the Women's World Cup Champion for 2013.
The Colombian passed Alise Post on the final straight to grab the win at the US Olympic Training Centre in Chula Vista to take the World Cup win at the Californian venue.
Pajon, who also won the World Cup event in Papendal in June, finished the season on 775 points with her nearest challenger, Arielle Martin of the USA, back on 688 points.
In the Elite Men's category, Sam Willoughby of Australia took the honours of the win in Chula Vista, while Connor Fields’ third place in the final was enough to see him crowned 2013 World Cup Champion.
UCI BMX Supercross Chula Vista – Men’s results
1. Sam Willoughby (AUS) 38.313
2. Tony Nyhaug (USA) 38.533
3. Connor Fields (USA) 39.159
4. David Herman (USA) 39.577
5. Barry Nobles (USA) 39.677
6. Corben Sharrah (USA) 39.873
7. Twan Van Gendt (NED) 40.952
8. Liam Philips (GBR) 51.328
UCI BMX Supercross Chula Vista – Women’s results
1. Mariana Pajon (COL) 38.440
2. Alise Post (USA) 38.675
3. Amanda Carr (THA) 40.991
4. Manon Valentino (FRA) 41.008
5. Dani George (USA) 41.821
6. Arielle Martin (USA) 50.580
7. Felicia Stancil (USA) 1:05.792
8. Laura Smulders (NED) 1:48.174