Mattias Ekström is on a roll. The 2017 World RallyCross Championship has seen the Swedish driver get the defence of his title off to the perfect start. Another imperious performance at this weekend’s World RX of Hockenheim means it’s three wins from the first three races of the season for Ekström.
Title rivals such as Sébastien Loeb and Timmy Hansen have been doing all they can to keep pace with Ekström. With three-quarters of the 2017 campaign remaining there are still plenty of points up for grabs, but right now the only guy in the paddock with the winning formula is Team EKS RX’s lead driver.
Click on Ekström’s Audi S1 EKS RX below to find out how he’s leaving the competition in his dust…
World RallyCross standings after Round 3 at Hockenheim
1. Mattias Ekström (SWE) Audi 85 points
2. Johan Kristoffersson (SWE) Volkswagen 69
3. Petter Solberg (NOR) Volkswagen 62
4. Sébastien Loeb (FRA) Peugeot 48
5. Timmy Hansen (SWE) Peugeot 47
9. Kevin Hansen (SWE) Peugeot 33
10. Toomas Heikkinen (FIN) Audi 29
The 2017 World RallyCross Championship returns this coming weekend for World RX of Belgium, May 13-14.