Snowshoeing is one of the oldest forms of transportation. Based on various rock drawings and paintings, archaeologists speculate that snowshoeing began 6,000 years ago; in the area we now call Central Asia. Today, Lebanon is seeing a vast surge of snowshoeing enthusiasts.
Whether it is a morning walk around a common trail, a weekend hike, access to untouched powder, stunning mountain views, a new winter workout, or just some family fun, here are 5 reasons why you should go snowshoeing:
1) Snowshoeing is fun, safe and easy to learn; equally from kids to grandparents.
2) It's the perfect way to stay active in winter when most people become sedentary.
Snowshoeing is health enriching, strength building, helps improve cardiovascular fitness and burn an average of 420-1000 calories/hour depending on terrain, weight and speed.
3) Snowshoeing is one of the most affordable winter sport, be it in rental or buying.
It is totally independent! Your snowshoes are your ticket to winter fun anytime anywhere.
4) Snowshoeing allows you to get in touch with nature, access its hidden winter landscapes and discover untapped terrain.
5) Snowshoeing is very socially rewarding when done with family, friends or groups; but can also be meditative when done solo.