Happy Earth Day! You know how you can celebrate? By going to a national park. There are 401 of them in the US, and from April 19-27, the National Parks Service is throwing various events around the country to mark National Park Week, from movie nights to guided walks. This Saturday, April 26, John Muir National Historic Site is offering free admission from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
You can find events in every state with the interactive National Park Week Event Calendar. And if your time is limited, you don't even have to go very far afield to participate. Golden Gate National Recreation Area is in San Francisco. The Lincoln Memorial is in the heart of Washington, D.C.
Of course, our Red Bull athletes are used to roughing it a bit, as you can see below.
Here are the 10 most visited national parks last year:
1. Great Smoky Mountains National Park (TN, NC)
2. Grand Canyon National Park (AZ)
3. Yosemite National Park (CA)
4. Yellowstone National Park (WY, MT, ID)
5. Olympic National Park (WA)
6. Rocky Mountain National Park (CO)
7. Zion National Park (UT)
8. Grand Teton National Park (WY)
9. Acadia National Park (ME)
10. Glacier National Park (MT)