Twenty-two top athletes from across the world, diving eight stories at speeds over 50mph while pulling off jaw-dropping acrobatic feats — it's the kind of action that only Red Bull Cliff Diving can offer. This season, the competition is fiercer than ever, and it all begins at Hell’s Gate in Possum Kingdom Lake, Texas.
Catch all the action from Hell's Gate on FS1 on Saturday, July 9 at noon ET/9 a.m. PT.
Tune in on July 9 and watch Britain's Gary Hunt and American Rachelle Simpson take the first steps in defending their 2015 titles. But it won't be easy, with a stacked lineup of competitors including veteran Orlando Duque and Steven LoBue, the only diver to successfully string together five somersaults in a single three-second dive. The Texas winner will be selected by an experienced group of judges including American diving legend Greg Louganis and Russia’s Dmitri Sautin.
As if the diving wasn't enough, it'll all take place at Texas's scenic Hell’s Gate. The rock formation, near Devil's Island, features two massive cliffs that punctuate the 19,000 acre water reservoir. And with thousands of enthusiastic Texas fans watching from below, the atmosphere is electric.
For more information, check out the official Red Bull Cliff Diving site, and stay tuned for the full series airing all year on FS1.
Full schedule for Red Bull Cliff Diving on FS1:
• Sunday, July 17 at 3:30 p.m. ET | Copenhagen, Denmark
• Sunday, August 14 at 6 p.m. ET | S. Miguel, Azores, Portugal
• Sunday, August 21 at 6 p.m. ET | La Rochelle, France
• Sunday, September 25 at 8 a.m. ET | Polignano a Mare, Italy
• Sunday, October 9 at 4 p.m. ET | Pembrokeshire, Wales, Great Britain
• Sunday, October 30 at 2:30 p.m. ET | Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
• Sunday, November 20 at 8 a.m. ET | Shirahama, Japan
• Sunday, December 4 at 2 p.m. ET | Dubai, United Arab Emirates