Now that Rebecca Rusch has set a new record on the Kokopelli Trail for Red Bull Rusch Hour (13 hours and 32 minutes), you can #JoinTheRusch and ride your own 142-mile route to challenge yourself and maybe even win some great prizes in the process.
Track, document and share your trip with Red Bull and via Twitter and Instagram for a chance to win Specialized Carbon Wheels or a guided trip down the Kokopelli Trail.
Here’s how it works:
1. Select a 142-mile route. Ride it as fast as you can. Be sure to use a known GPS device to track your ride, one that allows you to export the following about your ride: distance ridden and route, time on bike (moving time) and average speed.
2. Tell your friends, competitors and us about your ride! Send an email that contains the following to RuschHour@us.redbull.com by June 7, 2013.
- Ride file or files that include the average speed, distance, route and total ride time.
- Description of ride, in 250 words or less, that describes (i) why you completed this ride, (ii) why you chose this route, and (iii) what “Rusch” you got from completing the ride. The description must be in English and typed in the body of the email.
- Your name, gender (i.e. male or female), residential address, telephone number, and Twitter/Instagram account.
- At least three (3) photos or one (1) video of your ride. One photo or the video must be of you and your bike.
- Proof (links!) that you shared the experience via Twitter or Instagram, including the #JoinTheRusch hashtag.
- The winner will be determined by the following criteria: (a) the time needed to complete the 142-mile “Rusch” relative to other entries and difficulty of the chosen path, (b) creativity and personal challenge described in your email narrative, pictures and/or video and (c) whether you completed the 142-mile Kokopelli Trail.
What you will win: Pride and glory for challenging yourself!
What you may win:
1. One male and one female winner will be awarded one (1) pair of Specialized® Carbon Wheels
2. One winner will be awarded a Western Spirit guided trip for two down the Kokopelli Trail
Please read the official rules before entering.