Watch the trailer for season two of Semenuk's 'Life Behind Bars' series and find out what's next.
Much has been discussed lately regarding Brandon Semenuk’s absence from the 2013 FMB tour. However, last Sunday morning the Whistler, B.C., style-master handily took the top of the podium at the Crankworx Les Deux Alpes Slopestyle event, putting any doubts about his dominance to rest.
We caught up with Semenuk to see what he’s been doing with his spare time; read on to learn about his upcoming projects, and where he’s headed next.
1. What’s been on your plate lately?
Since February I have been building and filming for three different outlets: Anthill Films’ ‘NotBad,’ my ‘Life Behind Bars’ web series (check out the teaser for season two above), and a Freeride Entertainment/Red Bull feature film. My focus has moved more into creating new, unique content this spring and now I'm in the middle of the contest circuit I wanted to participate in.
2. Why did you decide to not defend your FMB title this year?
[That] doesn't excite me. I was given the option to take another path and that path is more fun to me than spending my spring traveling around Europe riding contests.
3. What can we expect to see in season two of 'Life Behind Bars?'
Similar to last year: an insight into my life, behind the scenes, good times with buddies and, of course, the trials and tribulations of events and projects.
4. What can you tell us about the Freeride Entertainment project?
It is a full feature film set to release next spring. Action film, not a documentary.
5. Your house/backyard has gained quite a bit of media coverage since you bought it. Do you have more plans to pimp it out further?
As long as I have the property it will change one way or another. Nothing in the works now though, I’m too busy with other locations.
6. What FMB events are left on your schedule for this year?