The single goes triple platinum and AWOLNATION set to tour the world tour starting this month.
Red Bull Records stalwarts AWOLNATION are in a celebratory mood after their unstoppable single 'Sail' -- taken from their debut album 'Megalithic Symphony' -- has officially gone triple platinum after selling more than 3,000,000 digital downloads.
To say the track is popular is something of an understatement, with 'Sail' also hitting quadruple platinum status in Canada and sticking around on the Billboard Hot 100 chart for more than 40 weeks. According to Nielsen Soundscan, these stats make the song one of the 20 best-selling alternative-rock singles of the digital era.
Now, AWOLNATION are extending the party with the announcement of extra tour dates in North America and Europe. They’ll be popping up, amongst many other places, at the Sunset Strip Music Festival in West Hollywood alongside Linkin Park. Here are the dates:
- June 25 - Pier 25 & 26, New York, NY
- June 29 - First Midwest Bank Amphitheater, Chicago
- June 30 - The Pageant, St. Louis
- July 2 - U.S. Cellular Connection Stage, Milwaukee
- July 12 - Adado Riverfront Park, Lansing, MI
- July 14 - Juan de Fuca Recreation Centre, Victoria, BC
- Aug. 3 - Sunset Strip Music Festival, West Hollywood, CA
- Aug. 6 - Festas da Praia, Azores
- Aug. 8 - Gruenspan, Hamburg, Germany
- Aug. 9 - Taubertal Festival, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany
- Aug. 10 - Open Flair Festival, Eschwege, Germany
- Aug. 15 - Zold Pardon, Budapest, Hungary
- Aug. 16 - Frequency Festival, St. Polten, Austria
- Aug. 17 - Open Air Gampel Festival, Gampel, Switzerland
- Aug. 18 - Hockenheimring, Hockenheim, Germany
- Sept. 27 - Berkley Riverfront Park, Kansas City, MO
Follow Red Bull on Twitter for more updates.