College is awkward. We're awkward in college. Here are a few playlists for those awkward moments.
College is a time of discovery, journey, inspiration, education, and generally acting like an insane person free from the dominion of any tangible or overbearing authority.
College is a time for being a self-involved dick while you attempt, sometimes vainly, to develop into a real human being under the scrutiny of the world’s collective shame.
College is about finding yourself, usually in the pettiest way possible. A lot of you reading this are probably entering your second month of college, and dealing with all of those necessary adjustments.
Don’t worry, we’re here for you. We know it can be hard, and we know that sometimes living in a dorm can lead to long, faithless nights wondering about the person you are trying to be. So we’ve put together a number of playlists for very specific college situations. We hope they offer some solace as you’re staring into the void.
I just stole my roommate’s shampoo for the third time this week and I’m not sure if he’s mad at me.
1. 'The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get' - Morrissey
2. 'The Way We Get By' - Spoon
3. 'My Mind Playing Tricks On Me' - Geto Boys
4. 'Somebody's Watching Me' - Rockwell
5. 'Minute By MInute' - The Doobie Brothers
6. 'Across The Sea' - Weezer
7. 'Been Caught Stealing' - Jane's Addiction
8. 'Gimme The Loot' - Biggie
Mom is now 10 days late on the check, and I’m really starting to consider that job posting at the Subway.
1.'Money Tree' - Kendrick Lamar
2. 'Hurt' - Johnny Cash
3. 'I See A Darkness' - Bonnie 'Prince' Billy
4. 'I'm Waiting For The Man' - The Velvet Underground
5. 'Slack Motherfucker' - Superchunk
6. 'Hold On (I'm Coming)' - Sam and Dave
7. 'Shakey Dog' - Ghostface Killah
8. 'Crying' - Roy Orbison
Not sure if the girl in the elevator was laughing at me or with me.
1. 'Age Of Consent' - New Order
2. 'Don't Haunt This Place' - The Rural Alabama Advantage
3. 'You Can Call Me Al' - Paul Simon
4. 'Call Me Maybe' - Carly Rae Jepsen
5. 'Passing Me By' - Pharcyde
6. 'Lack Of Color' - Death Cab For Cutie
7. 'The Engine Driver' - The Decemberists
8. 'Call Me' - Al Green
9. 'Go Your Own Way' - Fleetwood Mac
10. 'Take A Chance On Me' - ABBA
Going to your first and only frat party.
1. 'Teenage Dirtbag' - Wheatus
2. 'Loser' - Beck
3. 'So This Is Goodbye' - Junior Boys
4. 'Bocuma' - Boards of Canada
5. 'Side B (Dope Song)' - Danny Brown
6. 'Jesus Blood Never Failed Me Yet' - Gavin Bryars
7. 'Shook Ones, Part II' - Mobb Deep
Boldly shoveling the cafeteria tilapia into your mouth.
1. 'Not Afraid' - Eminem
2. 'I Don't Like' - Chief Keef ft. Lil Reese
3. 'Get Up Stand Up' - Bob Marley
4. 'Come To Daddy' - Aphex Twin
5. 'Head Like A Hole' - Nine Inch Nails
6. 'Raining Blood' - Slayer
7. 'Disintegration Loop 1.1' - William Basinski