He’s renowned as the best all-round rider in the world - and it’s a title that’s well deserved - but how does the King of the Mountain fare when confronted with our list of quick-fire questions?
1. What has been the highlight of your career so far?
Winning the Air and Style was a big one for me. That contest has such an incredible history and is truly a battle to get through to the end.
2. What are your plans or goals for 2013?
Well, seeing as my winter has come to a close I am spending the rest of the year working on various projects with my sponsors and preparing for a new Red Bull film project that we will be staring next season. I am also going to be spending some time up at Baldface this summer doing some work to the Red Bull Ultra Natural course, which will be held again at Baldface Lodge next February.
3. If you had to choose an alternative career, what would you choose to do?
I would probably choose something in biology or ecology – something to keep me outdoors. I have always been intrigued by ornithology or the field of climate and weather.
4. Who is your sports hero, and why?
Anyone who believes in themselves and has overcome the fear of failure – those who put themselves out there.
5. What's the best thing about your sport?
The fact that it is based around having fun with your friends. Snowboarding, like so many new sports, has an emphasis on creative expression, and the future of which is truly boundless. So seeing what so many talented and driven individuals are doing each winter through film, photography and contests keeps it so fresh!
6. What's the worst thing about your sport?
There are only so many months of powder... Although it keeps you hungry.
7. What's your biggest annoyance in life?
Misunderstanding. The flaws of verbal communication.
8. What's your favourite place to ride in the world, and why?
Alaska. When conditions are good it offers the most dynamic and challenging terrain, and the terrain is endless.
9. What's your biggest challenge in life?
Going inside. Being true with myself on a daily basis.
10. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
I try not to see myself in 10 years.