We caught up with last year's gold medalist and favorite to win this year, Mark McMorris on the X Games Slopestyle course right before he stomped his second run to qualify for the finals later this week.
1. Name five things you look forward to the most when you come to X?
1. The culture of Aspen and everything that comes with it.
2. The great weather.
3. It's the best Slopestyle course in the world.
4. The fact that I'm one of only 16 invited riders.
5. The coffee shops of Aspen.
2. Favorite moment at X Games?
Definitely, when Torstein (Horgmo) and I battled it out in Big Air last year. That was a special moment for myself and my career.
3. Do you guys participate in some friendly trash talking during a battle like that?
Not really. He's a mysterious character, mostly we just enjoy pushing each other.
4. What do you look forward to the most when off of the mountain here at X Games?
Cruising around town with my pals, going to coffee shops, and checking out the ridiculously expensive shops around town.
5. What's your favorite spot in Aspen?
Main Street Bakery or Peach's Corner Cafe