We sat down with Lolo Jones this week to ask 6 questions: From track-and-field to bobsledding.
Late last year, star hurdler Lolo Jones joined the U.S. Bobsledding team to shake things up and get some cross training in. But then a strange thing happened -- she started winning. And now Jones has a chance to compete for a medal in Brazil in 2016.
But before she can think about that, she needs to focus on the Track & Field National Championships, which begin June 20 in Iowa. We recently caught up with Jones to talk about training for bobsled, being “Hercules strong,” and, yep, who she’s dating.
1. Best and worst part about bobsled?
The crashes are the worst. The best is the hot tub after practice is over.
Saw [Rickie Fowler] tweeting the other day from a private jet, so that wouldn't be so bad! Golfers have long careers, and they make a crap load of money.
2. You told reporters at Drake Relays that coming off of bobsled training that you are "Hercules strong." How much of a difference has it made in your lifting?
It’s hard; everything was in kilos so I have to convert! I know before my power clean max was 200, and it’s 220 now... and then my deep squats, well everything -- all my maxes went up by 20 pounds and some even 30 pounds.
3. Biggest thing you're looking forward to the rest of the year?
Going to Russia for track and ending my season back in Russia, so it will give me inspiration to start my season for bobsled.
4. What other Red Bull athlete would you want to trade sports with since you're now a multi-sport athlete?
Rickie Fowler. Saw him tweeting the other day from a private jet, so that wouldn't be so bad! Golfers have long careers, and they make a crap load of money.
5. You were named as one of E! "Fashion Police’s" top 10 most stylish athletes. Who do you think has the best and worst athlete style?
Worst would be a lot of the NBA players at their press conferences. It's like a competition for who can dress the worst. Best for guys is Tom Brady, probably. I think Maria Sharapova dresses really well. She always looks good on the red carpet.
6. Anything else to add?
Still single? Yes. Tried talking to a bobsledder but he was too cold.