There was a crazy shake up in our epic athlete bracket pool as the college basketball teams were whittled down from the Sweet 16 to the Final Four. March was full of madness indeed. Before we jump into the standings, here are a few highlights:
- Tampa Bay Rays slugger Evan Longoria hammered his way to the lead after picking five out of eight winners, taking Wisconsin to the Final Four. Well done! In fact, he has Florida and Wisconsin in the final game, which would crown him champ. Unless....
- New Orleans Pelicans big man Anthony Davis is the only entrant to take Kentucky to win it all, and he'll be sitting pretty if they pull off the upset. Full disclosure: AD went to Kentucky!
- Travis Pastrana fell hard from 2nd place to second from last after predicting only one of the Great Eight teams correctly. The off-road/moto beast has no team left in the Final Four.
- While Oracle Team USA skipper Jimmy Spithill was leading the pack after two rounds, he is now sitting in 6th. It looks like this oracle ran out of steam.
- John Wall of the Washington Wizards, also a Kentucky alum, didn't even take his UK squad past the Round of 32! He does have SEC-rival Florida winning it all.
Mathematically, it now comes down to either Evan Longoria and Anthony Davis taking home the Red Bull bracket.
Evan Longoria - 108
Anthony Davis - 101
Harrison Barnes - 98
Bryce Menzies - 87
Lexi Thompson - 78
Jimmy Spithill - 75
Louie Vito - 74
Lolo Jones - 71
Kai Lenny - 68
John Wall - 67
Rickie Fowler - 67
Sal Masekela - 66
Travis Pastrana - 62
Paul Rabil - 52
Check back in at redbull.com/brackets for the final update and see how your favorite athlete fared.