Who will battle in the Top 8 of the Red Bull BC One E-Battle 2021?
© Little Shao / Red Bull Content Pool
These B-Girls and B-Boys won their Top 16 matchup in the 2021 Red Bull BC One E-Battle to advance to the Top 8 and compete in the final show.
We now know the eight B-Boys and eight B-Girls who will compete over live steam on Saturday, June 26 to see who will be crowned the 2021 Red Bull BC One E-Battle champions. In addition to fame and glory, they will also earn spots in the Last Chance Cypher at the Red Bull BC One World Final 2021 in Gdansk, Poland.
The Top 16 battle brackets were full of returning Red Bull BC One E-Battle contenders, multiple previous Red Bull BC One Cypher champions, two breakers with big medals from the Youth Games, a previous Red Bull BC One E-Battle champion and some new competitors.
Here's our recap of all the action.
Returning contenders still in the E-Battle
B-Girls Isis Alyssa, Kotya, Konatsa, Jilou, Ayu, Honokaa, Snap 1 and Kaede, plus B-Boys JohnnyFox, Lee, Lil G and Yosh, were all returning contenders from the 2020 Red Bull BC One E-Battle.
But the only competitors who made it into the Top 8 are the following:
- 2019 Red Bull BC One E-Battle finalist B-Girl Isis from Ecuador won against, Alyssa, from Belgium
- B-Boy JohnnyFox from Spain defeated 2019 Red Bull BC One Cypher Venezuela champion, Lion
- B-Boy Lee, from the Netherlands, advanced to the Top 8 this year, winning against Exaggerate, from Norway. He had his crew, The Ruggeds, fully supporting him in the background
- B-Girl Kotya, from Belarus, showed skills in power and foundational flow, to win against Konatsu, from Canada
- B-Girl Kaede, from Japan, showcased her all out dynamic power skills to win against the flexible, freeze style of Starry, from South Korea
- Ayu, from Japan, once against displayed her intricate and smooth footwork style to win against the acrobatic style of Jilou, from Germany
- Honokaa, from Japan, won against Snap1, from USA, with her combination of fundamental footwork and power
- And Red Bull BC One All Star Lil G, used his high-level and high-risk power skills to win against Yosh, from Japan.
That leaves six B-Girls and three B-Boys from the 2020 E-Battle still in the competition, with nine returning contenders in the Top 8.
Watch the semi-finals and finals of the Red Bull BC One E-Battle 2020 for a taste of things to come right here:
Semi-finals and final
Previous Red Bull BC One Cypher champions who are still in the battle
Five previous Red Bull BC One Cypher champions won their Top 16 battle to move onto the Top 8. Here they are:
- Japan's B-Girl Ayumi beat Mery Berry, from Poland, in a battle that saw both B-Girls display clean and creative styles of power, footwork, transitions and freezes
- B-Girl Yell used her fluid and stylish, transitional breaking flow to win against the dynamic and powerful style of B-Girl Alessandrina
- B-Boy Legosam, from Malaysia, won against, Mowgly, from Italy, in a battle high in musicality, power and blow ups
- And former Red Bull BC One Cypher Brazil champ, B-Boy Bart, won against Milky Rock, from Russia.
The new face that beat the Red Bull BC One E-Battle champion of 2019
New Red Bull BC One E-Battle contender, B-Girl Tiff, from Canada, came with a strong combination of spinning blow-ups and acrobatic power moves, to win against the Red Bull BC One E-Battle champion, Luma, from Colombia.
Who else joined the Top 8?
- B-Boy Bumblebee, from Russia, won against Onton, from Canada, in a battle of dynamic power vs technical flow
- B-Boy Fever, from France, won against Wild Child, from India
- And B-Boy Daniel, from Norway, won against Reca, from China.
You can find the always-up-to date battle bracket and watch the battles over on the official Red Bull BC One E-Battle page.
The Top 8 B-Girls battles at the Red Bull BC One E-Battle 2021
- Ayumi vs Isis
- Ayu vs Kotya
- Tiff vs Kaede
- Honokaa vs Yell
Top 8 B-Boys Battles at the Red Bull BC One E-Battle 2021
- Bumblebee vs Legosam
- Fever vs Lil G
- Bart vs Daniel
- JohnnyFox vs Lee
Stat tuned for the final show on June 26.