This is the 2023 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup calendar
The 2023 Mercedes-Benz UCI Mountain Bike World Cup dates and venues have been revealed. Learn about all the big downhill and cross-country events right here.
© Bartek Wolinski/Wolisphoto
The UCI have released the calendar for the 2023 Mercedes-Benz UCI Mountain Bike World Cup season. The headline news to take away from the calendar is that there will be 10 stops across two continents in Europe and North America, with eight rounds of downhill competition and nine rounds of cross-country racing.
For the cross-country elite, there's a whole new location of Valkenburg in the Netherlands. The Dutch town is better known for being a cyclo-cross venue on the UCI World Cup calendar of that bike discipline. Valkenburg also has the honour of being the opening round of the cross-country World Cup for 2023 in May, while the downhillers begin their campaign in Lenzerheide, Switzerland, in early June.
There are no new venues for the downhill section of the World Cup, but there could still be because the UCI have yet to reveal the location of two rounds, one of which is a downhill-only round and the other a dual round of XCO and DH. The only thing known about these two rounds is that they will be in France. The date for the latter of those two rounds in France has yet to be confirmed, but the UCI has indicated it will take place over two weekends in September.
In 2023, the UCI Mountain Bike World Championships will be held in Scotland with the downhill and cross-country competitions split across two venues. The downhillers will race at Fort William, while the cross-country events will take place in the Glentress Forest in the Tweed Valley. The Mountain Bike World Championships in Scotland are part of the wider UCI Cycling World Championships, including road racing, track cycling, trials, BMX freestyle and BMX race.
2023 UCI World Cup and World Championship calendar
- May 5-7: Valkenburg, Netherlands (XCO/XCC)
- May 12-14: Nové Město, Czech Republic (XCO/XCC)
- June 9-11: Lenzerheide (DH/XCO/XCC)
- June 16-18: Leogang, Austria (DH/XCO/XCC)
- June 30-July 2: Val di Sole, Italy (DH/XCO/XCC)
- August 4-5: UCI Mountain Bike World Championships – Fort William, Scotland (DH)
- August 9-12: UCI Mountain Bike World Championships – Glentress Forest, Scotland (XCO/XCC)
- August 25-27: Vallnord, Andorra (DH/XCO/XCC)
- September 1-3: Loudenvielle, France (DH)
- September 7-17: TBC, France (DH/XCO/XCC)
- September 29-October 1: Snowshoe, USA (DH/XCO/XCC)
- October 6-8: Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada (DH/XCO/XCC)